Monday, August 18, 2008

DIZI CENTRAL MUSIC GRADING EXAMINATION

Life lately or life of this semester had been the most fulfilling semester for my entire university life.
I thought I was the busiest during last semester, but this semester simply gets worst.
The busy start from the very beginning of the semester and last, and never end until even the mid term break, until now.

The tasks come and go come and go.

The latest task I had accomplished is the dizi central music grading exam held last Saturday.

Well, Glass pick me up at 830am and then pick up our teacher, then we go and have breakfast, then we head to the examination place.
Bout 5minutes of waiting, Glass is call into the room, phew~
At least I got few minutes more than Glass to prepare, to calm down, to suit myself a little bit more than he does.

Then my turn,

  • 1st piece, the practice choral
  • 2nd piece, gu shu xing《姑苏行》,well, just before I reach the tempo part, he stop me and said: 可以了,下一首(means, ok d, next piece
  • 3rd piece, well, 《塔塔尔舞曲》,as I am expecting him to stop me as he did for the previous song, I cannot concentrate…try to imagine you playing the song and what is in your mind is, when is he going to stop me?

Well, he did stop me, and say: 好了 done

I said:哈?

He said: 阿,好了,考完了~(Ah, is done, finish exam)

(Well, actually after that still got 2 parts, the rhythm test, the singing test, obvious enough, he skip all of it)




Frankly, I am not nervous at all facing the examiner, embracing the principle, I will show you what I have.

And so, I perform my 100% for 2nd piece(which is actually the 1st song, as the piece I play 1st is the practice choral)

But the 2nd song, I have weird thought in my head, and I couldn’t even start well, but surprisingly, he listen the song more than 1st song.

As for Glass, in comparison, the 1st song he played longer than mine and shorter than mine for the 2nd song.

Why? Why do he stop us from finishing the song?

Answer by my teacher: because your introduction cannot attract his attention to listen the preceding.

Am I hurt?
Well, not much actually, just feel bothered because he never let you finish it.

Maybe he have his reason, after us, he have lots more to examine? But this is terrible reason! He should be professional! Recall my piano examination, no matter how terrible the student play, the examiner will listen the whole piece and write comment…

But he didn’t!




My teacher said: he is the professor of China central music school, major ERHU.

Well, I guess since he is prof, the song I played is common song, he listen to them N million times already, and I just happen to be too ordinary~

So, no hard feelings beside the regret he never like to finish my song,

(I practice so hard for the ending part, as I hope is to play a balance song, don’t want a case where you can play your beginning perfect but end like shit), but the case happen is so unexpected~Ending is ignored. )

I tried my best and, one stress source release, I feel glad.






(my fees increase 100% after this grade 5, and i wish to buy another tune of dizi to complete the whole set of tune i have, I struggle days thinking should I continue learning, should I complete the set of dizi I having~~, the fees change from rm20 a class to rm40 a class, means if I have class 4 times a month, means? And the newly price dizi cost rm430, oh, since when dizi become the game of the royal? The rich?

Struggle, discuss with Sue and thinking of own self, about the questionà worth it or not? (Is not the matter of affordability, is the matter of worth it or not)

Well, I decide, cash can be earn one day after this, but the time I can spent on dizi, the level, the path I had reach now, may not be the same day after this…

Thinking one day when I old, do I rather regret of:

1. I shouldn’t waste money learn dizi, is stupid!

2. I should learn at the time, is just money it consume.

No.1 is like you bought something, at up you don’t like and complain that you shouldn’t buy it at all,

No.2 is you didn’t buy it, at up regret that you didn’t buy?

I think I wish my regret is no.1,




So, I will proceed.

No comments: