Friday, September 19, 2008

Recall a scenario:
Someone used to complain to me, when she becomes a director of a event, then friends start to approach her for post…


I think I had become the one to ask for post…i almost hate myself


There is so many dizi player in the society(including the newbies), I always hope that we can play together, to fond the bond, the junior and senior bond. I tried to fond the bond during practice, but the time is far too limited to know each other name, founding a bond is too far.
I was thinking that maybe we work out in a event for a play, a bond can be found.

(What for the bond, is for the purpose so that the senior experience will pass down to the junior, the knowledge, the feelings, inheritance…)
If I were to make changes to the society learning culture, I will really hope to do this.



But to make changes, to do things, and to demand for things, I must have status, identity.名不正,则言不顺
Imagine if you are no one but stand up and start to tell the Erhu player not to play while the conductor is talking, ask the Yangqing player to play louder…
But if you are somebody, you can say so.



I am graduating soon, expected graduate. Even I cannot graduate; I will consider myself as graduate and will not join any activities.
I learn dizi, I learn people, I understand a lot of thing, I get to perform as a Chinese orchestra player, I get to perform solo, I know big brother….because of this COS, and I devote almost nothing at all.


Upon my graduation, knowing that time is really limited, i want to leave something for the society, something that I cannot bring away, something to share, something I learn here, inherit to the coming generation.
But, again, identity is important.



As I know that my friend is the director of the concert event, I sms him and congrats him, and tell him let me be the vice president…
:P shock him to died, he call me immediately and apologize say he can’t, that post is already taken, and recommend me to attend interview for WC.
I said I was joking, I never want to be vice president, if I ever want any high post, I had already involve myself at the previous concert, I just want to contribute whatever I know to the society before I graduate, something like advisor or someone big, as I am final year, I am very busy, I cannot promise anything, but I will comment.


He said he might be able to put me in the advisor team, I like it. But I ask him do confirm with me before he do any decisions.

Today during practice for tomorrow COS 5th anniversary, he came and tell me he put me as program division director.
I shock!

I said: what? Director? director need to do work de leh! i don’t want!我才不要!
He then laughing and asks why….

I then said: I tot I am going to become advisor?

He said:advisor team is actually does not exist, exist in advisor is something name only…nothing in formal.

I said: har, then who else categorize there?

He said: like kweefeng ah…..(the previous president of COS)

I said:ah, now is because I am not qualify lah?


Then playing around with another dizi player…
Later get to know there are only 5 divisions, the marketing, sponsorship, program, arts, and technical.

Well, art is more of what I am capable of, but I play that role on my secondary band concert,
And as my ambition to change thing cannot be fulfill in that division.


I am deep thoughts, thinking my capability, and availability.


Then I said him: I didn’t attend the interview, and you just put me in position as big as such, no one objects?

He said: you are so senior…no one say no…

I said: means someone might not be agree, just can’t say?
He laughs again…

COS always laugh with un-funny jokes, I don’t understand why, that’s why I cannot mix so close with all of them.

He ask: then you want be the assistant?

I said: don want, assistant is for the director to assign around, if I want, I sure want to be director, more free…

He: ……(gek sei him)

Frankly, during my fantasy of becoming advisor, I am thinking of how to do this and that..
Especially about program, I am thinking that we should focus on classical ancient music, having the idea of putting some western music elements into the music. Previous concert i see our concert master play Erhu duet with piano, and I was thinking maybe dizi can co-play with cello, or with violin, mix in western instrument like trumpet, saxophone and so on.
I might not be the concert master to determine what should be play, but as the program division leader, I can comment that I wish to put in program like that right?
Besides, dancing, wushu, or exhibition of arts, lucky draw that involve the audience to come up the stage to feel the feeling of playing in the orchestra, or have a touch and try the instrument during the break period…I have ideas like that, is all categorize in program.


In short, I feel program division is very important to determine a concert is successful or not.
This is something very apparent, something people wants in paying the concert ticket.
You can get lots of marketing, making people go, do lots of sponsorship work and get lots of profits, but if the program is boring and terrible, people will only complain, who cares how the backdrop looks like, who cares how much marketing and sponsorship work you did…is the program that matter.
This makes program leader very important.

I chicken a little

I should give it a shot…
I remember I struggle when I take the director job in convo.
I will like it….

Ah~~ but that was such a small event, already cost me so much time, and this event is big~~T.T







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think u did great in the colouring contest. im sure this would turn out to be the same! make ur last sem more memorable!:)

-DaN- said...

GO DIRECTOR PAPA!

full support~